Thank you for your interest in joining the Piney Woods family. Piney Woods offers a student-centered approach to education, that meets the unique needs of every student. Piney Woods provides a place where students can explore, learn, and become successful in their college and professional careers. All completed applications will be reviewed once they have been received. We accept applications for rising 9th through 11th grade students.
We are particularly interested in enrolling students in the 9th and 10th grades, and for the 2018-2019 school year we have set aside additional scholarship assistance for those eligible.
Prospective Students enrolling at The Piney Woods School must have:
- Demonstrate academic potential and seriousness about receiving a quality education
- Possess a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Receive satisfactory recommendations from:
- Current Math Teacher
- Current English Teacher
- Current Guidance Counselor or Principal
- Please check the application for correct spelling and information before submitting. The Piney Woods School will proceed all applications as received. • Once your application is ready to be submitted, please pay the $50 application fee by check (ACH) or credit card.
• Once we have received all application paperwork, your application will be reviewed and processed in a timely manner.
- Submit required essay
Please see below for the steps of The Piney Woods School application process, which may be completed in any order.
- Please note that Piney Woods will receive data the way it is entered, so check spelling, capitalization and punctuation carefully.
- Once you complete and submit your electronic application, you will be asked to pay the $50.00 application fee by check (ACH) or credit card.
- Your completed application will be processed as expeditiously as possible; however, all requested supplemental paperwork must be received before processing begins.
We suggest that you schedule a shadow visit. During a shadow visit, students spend a day with one of our elected Student Ambassadors attending classes, meeting teachers, getting to know our students, and enjoying a walking tour of our beautiful historic campus. Many Piney Woods students say the shadow visit was the best part of their application process. To schedule a shadow visit, contact Ronald Huddleston, director of admission, at 601-845-2214 ext.2223
Complete the student record release consent form, which can be downloaded here, and submit it to your student's current school. The school will send us a copy of the applicant’s complete records, including grades, testing results, immunization records, and attendance reports.
The applicant’s current English Teacher and Math Teacher should complete the online teacher recommendation form, and the Guidance Counselor/Principal should complete the online transcript request and school report form.
PDF versions of the forms may be downloaded here and submitted to The Piney Woods School via mail.
Thank you for your interest in applying to The Piney Woods School! Our Admissions and Recruitment team are eager to help if any assistance is needed, please contact Theresa Wansley, Director of Admissions, at 601-845-2214, ext. 2223, or email email@example.com