Thank you for your interest in The Piney Woods School. Piney Woods offers a student-centered approach to education to meet the unique needs of each and every student, so they can explore, learn, and become college and career ready.
All applications will be reviewed in the order in which they are received. We accept applications for rising 9th-11th grade students.
We are particularly interested in enrolling students in the 9th and 10th grades, and for the 2015-2016 school year we have set aside additional scholarship assistance for those eligible.
Seniors may be admitted on a highly selective basis. Applicants enrolling at The Piney Woods School must:
- Demonstrate academic potential and seriousness about receiving a quality education
- Possess a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Receive satisfactory recommendations from:
- Current Math Teacher
- Current English Teacher
- Current Guidance Counselor or Principal
Please see below for the steps of The Piney Woods School application process, which may be completed in any order.
- Please note that Piney Woods will receive data the way it is entered, so check spelling, capitalization and punctuation carefully.
- Once you complete and submit your electronic application, you will be asked to pay the $50.00 application fee by check (ACH) or credit card.
- Your completed application will be processed as expeditiously as possible; however, all requested supplemental paperwork must be received before processing begins.
We suggest that you schedule a shadow visit. During a shadow visit, students spend a day with one of our elected Student Ambassadors attending classes, meeting teachers, getting to know our students, and enjoying a walking tour of our beautiful historic campus. Many Piney Woods students say the shadow visit was the best part of their application process. To schedule a shadow visit, contact Ronald Huddleston, director of admission, at 601-845-2214 ext.2223
Complete the student record release consent form, which can be downloaded here, and submit it to your student's current school. The school will send us a copy of the applicant’s complete records, including grades, testing results, immunization records, and attendance reports.
The applicant’s current English Teacher and Math Teacher should complete the online teacher recommendation form, and the Guidance Counselor/Principal should complete the online transcript request and school report form.
PDF versions of the forms may be downloaded here and submitted to The Piney Woods School via mail or fax. Our fax number is 601-845-2604.
Thank you for your interest in applying to The Piney Woods School! Our Admissions and Recruitment team are eager to help if any assistance is needed, please contact Theresa Wansley, Director of Admissions, at 601-845-2214, ext. 2223, or email firstname.lastname@example.org