Thank you for your interest in joining The Piney Woods School family. Piney Woods offers a student-centered, project-based, technology-powered teaching and learning environment unconstrained by conventional classroom settings. Students experience learning in the spaces where they live—with the farm, lakes, and pine forests serving as laboratories. We actively seek students with the appropriate social values who show academic promise and want a superior academic education that is undergirded by a strong Christian experience.
To apply for admission to Piney Woods, international students undertake the following process:
- Complete the Student Interest Form
- Attend Information Session (question and answer interview session between applicant and school representative)
- Confirm English Proficiency (Applicants attending an English-speaking school for the last two years may submit English grades as an indicator of proficiency. All other applicants must complete the TOEFL examination.)
- Online Application. Click on the following link to complete and submit the online application. The online application will require the following documents/information:
- Student Original Essay (to be completed by applicant): “What does leadership mean to you and how can The Piney Woods School prepare you to be a leader?”
- Academic Records and standardized test scores for the past two years. Parents are responsible for requesting these records from the applicant’s current school.
- Attendance Record and Discipline Record – must be submitted through the online application. Parents are responsible for requesting the documents from the applicant’s current school.
- Headmaster/Counselor & Teacher recommendation forms (English & Math) – Please process your recommendation request forms online as a part of the application process.
- Passport, Certified Birth Certificate and Immunization records – (copies)
- Application Fee ($50 non-refundable). The fee can be wired, paid by debit/credit card or other forms of certified funds and must be paid at the time of submitting your online application. All certified funds must be in U.S. currency. (Wiring Instructions available upon request).
- Interview (as part of the review of your candidacy for admission, someone from our admissions committee will contact you to schedule an interview)
Upon receipt of all items listed above, the applicant’s file will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. After the applicant has been accepted, you must complete the financial certification and enrollment process:
- Execute Tuition and Enrollment Agreement
- Complete and Execute International Affidavit of Support & Certification of Financial Responsibility Form (which is required along with financial support documentation).
- Provide Financial Documentation (showing the ability to fund cost of attending Piney Woods)
- Remit Enrollment Deposit Fee (as specified in the Tuition and Enrollment Agreement)
These forms must be completed and returned to The Piney Woods School. The enrollment fee can be wired, paid by debit/credit card, or other forms of certified funds. All certified funds must be in U.S. currency. Receipt of these documents and the enrollment deposit (fee) will reserve a spot for the applicant at The Piney Woods School.
- After receipt of the above completed forms and payment of the enrollment deposit fee, we will prepare and send an I-20 Form (U.S. Department of Justice – Immigration and Naturalization Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant [F1] Student).
- Contact your Consulate (to pay the SEVIS fee and obtain your F-1Student Visa):
- Our admissions team can provide you information to expedite payment of the SEVIS fee.
- You will need to schedule an interview with your consulate and complete any other instructions they have to receive your F-1 Student Visa.
- Notify Us that you have completed the F-1 Visa process and are prepared to travel to The Piney Woods School. This will allow us to make arrangements and prepare for your arrival.
If you have any questions during the admissions process, please contact the Admissions Office at 601.891.0469 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please apply early. Space is limited.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You may apply by following the step by step guide above.
The international student application fee for The Piney Woods School is $50.00 USD.
The international student application fee for The Piney Woods School is $750.00 USD.
No, The Piney Woods School does not offer an ESL program. All international students are expected to be highly proficient in reading, writing and speaking the English language before they can be considered for admission.
Yes, at The Piney Woods School, every student receives financial support for the cost of tuition to participate in our academic program. We ask parents and families to contribute toward the costs of room, board and other school fees. The Piney Woods School requires as much income and asset verification as families can provide, including tax schedules, proof of salary, bank statements, property assessments, etc. to assess the need for financial assistance.